Skip to content ↓

ADULTS: What to do if you have safeguarding concerns

If you have concerns about a child at home:

If you are concerned about the treatment of a child outside of school or if you think that a child is at risk of being harmed or neglected, either:

  1. Report it to Meadow Vale Primary School’s Designated Lead for Child Protection (Catherine Forrester) or Deputy Designated Lead for Child Protection (Ian Freeman) by contacting the school.


     2. Contact Bracknell Forest MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub)

   Email:       Phone:01344 352005

   MASH out of hours phone no: 01344 786543




3. Make a referral to the NSPCC


In an emergency please ring 999

If you have concerns about a child in school or the conduct of a member of staff:

If you are concerned about how a child has been treated in school or are concerned that the conduct of a member of staff is inappropriate:

1. Speak to the school’s Designated Lead for Child Protection (Catherine Forrester).

2. Contact the Chair of Governors: Email -

3. Contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) via email: or telephone: 01344 351572

If you have concerns for the safety or well-being of an Adult outside of school (where children are not involved):

Please contact Bracknell Forest Adult Social Care on 01344 351500 or you can report your concern using Bracknell Forest’s online form.

If emergency help is required when the office is closed, the Out of Hours Team can be contacted on 01344 786543.

If you think someone is in immediate danger, please phone the emergency services on 999. Do not put yourself or anyone else at risk.

CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Safety Centre)

CEOP is a command of the National Crime Agency and is dedicated to tackling the sexual abuse and exploitation of children and young people. CEOP helps children and young people under the age of 18 who have been forced or manipulated into taking part, or are being pressured to take part, in sexual activity of any kind. This can be both online and offline. The CEOP Safety Centre offers information and advice for children and young people, parents and carers and professionals. You can visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the Click CEOP button.

Online bullying or other online concerns should not be reported to CEOP and children and young people should be directed to speak to an adult they trust, and/or referred to Childline, if they would like to speak to someone about how they are feeling.